Friday, June 19, 2015

Naomi is a BIG SISTER

This post has been in the making for sometime now, and what that means is that I wasn't sure how to share the news or even if I would share it.

Ever since we lost Naomi, I have been crying out to God for a baby. My arms have been aching to hold my sweet child and I know that her sibling would never ever replace her.

I am at the end of my first trimester and the days have been full of prayers for this sweet one. I take it a day at a time fully realizing that each day with this baby is a GIFT from God. This baby is in God's care as He's knitting him/her together. I know that I can TRUST my God to care for us.



So here's what has been happening with me:

How far along? 13 weeks

About 12 weeks!


Total weight gain/loss? About 6 lbs.

Sleep? I've been pretty tired this trimester but I'm not sure if it's entirely because of pregnancy. Grieving is hard work and it takes a lot of energy. I'm doing better than I was three months ago but I will always miss Naomi. I've been sleeping pretty well and continue to sleep on my side. Also, I haven't been as active as I usually am so that might also be contributing to me being tired. I'm hoping to get back into a consistent pattern of exercise. It will not only help me sleep better but feel better overall.

Best Moment so far? Seeing Baby B, of course! I've been going in for ultrasounds/Dr visits bi-weekly since 7 weeks and I will continue to go in that often until I reach the gestational age of when we lost Naomi, then I'll go weekly.

Miss anything? Nope! I'm so thankful to be pregnant again and I will gladly give up anything I need to to have a healthy little one.

Movement? Not yet. I'm praying this Baby will be an active little one.

Food cravings? I've craved cereal this trimester, specifically Lucky Charms and Reese Pieces. I don't buy sugary cereal like ever so this was a treat! Also, I can always go for Mexican food! I craved Mexican food a lot with Naomi. I've also craved Publix sub sandwich! I had one around week 8 and it was SOOO good!!

Morning sickness?  Thankfully I don't have morning sickness that bad but I have felt more queasy this time around. Usually a snack helps take care of any ill feelings.

Boy or Girl? Not a 100% sure yet but my Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctor did say at my 12 week ultrasound that baby is looking more GIRL than boy! As we get further along this will be confirmed <3

Maternity Clothes?  I feel like I've started showing a lot sooner this time around and because of that, my regular clothes feel tight! I have definitely been using my belly band for a few weeks now!

Happy or Moody? A little bit of both. I am happy to be pregnant again but because of our late loss, I also feel a little bit on edge. I feel like I'm in constant prayer with the Lord over this baby.

Wedding Rings ON or OFF? On

Fitness Update? Ever since losing Naomi, I haven't been as active as I usually am. I was still working out 4-5 times/week up until we lost her and since then, my goal has been to doing something 3 times a week. A walk, a lite jog, PiYO, just SOMETHING! So, I've been walking about twice a week and incorporating weights on one of those days and doing PiYo to equal three days a week. I'm hoping to get into more of a routine soon.

Other Updates: Since we don't know what happened exactly to Naomi, I am being monitored a lot more closely this pregnancy. I'm seeing two different Doctors, my regular OB and a Maternal Fetal Medicine Doctor. I'm thankful for a care team that knows that this pregnancy may cause some high anxiety moments for me and are willing to see me anytime I need reassurance.

I've also been incorporating the book "Pray Through your Pregnancy" by Jennifer Polimino into my Time Alone with God. It's helping me keep my mind focus on God and not all the worries/doubts the Enemy wants to throw my way.

Jacob and I have seen so many rainbows recently and every time I see one, I cry. It's such a beautiful reminder of God's covenant with His people. Rainbows come after a storm and there's a reason why babies born after a loss are called "Rainbow babies". 


I'm looking forward to getting into the second trimester!

Are there any resources you use to keep track of baby's progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment